Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm about to go all religious on thee...prepare thyself

Last night I had a church council meeting and as I waited for it to start, I opened up a pamphlet someone gave me of daily devotions. I just flipped through it, not really paying much attention to the dates, just the header topics - truth, he forgets, taking time.
One that jumped off the page at me was the "he forgets" devotion.

"it is I who sweep away your transgressions for My own sake and remember your sins no more: (Isaiah 43:25)Have you ever had a scab that you just couldn't stop picking? Just about the time it starts to heal, you're tempted to dig at it and start the process all over again. Sometimes it's the same with our sins. We know that God has forgiven us, but we keep dredging it up over and over again. Next time you're plagued by a past sin you've confessed, remember Jeremiah 31:34 - "I will forgive their wrong doing and never again remember their sin" And let the wound heal.

I recieved a message - pretty loud and clear.  Amazingly, this particular devotion was for yesterday specifically - after all we have been through this week, all the dredging up of old feelings and anger, God/the Universe urged me to pick up the pamphlet and helped me find this particular passage.  It's not that I just picked it up and thought, "what is the devotion for the day" and read it.  I actually, quite randomly landed on that page and found afterwards that it was the specific devotion of the day.  Just strange to me...

My lesson is clear - I confessed my feelings (sins) to Nate/Blair pretty plainly and openly.  I forgive Nate for what happened between us. 

Confess, forgive, then forget...............

No comments: